We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We hold, as with most businesses, personal information about our customers and people who may be interested in our products and services.
This Privacy Notice explains the type of information processed by the Edge by Ascential companies, how that processing may affect you and your rights. This Privacy Notice was last updated on October 2019.
We will occasionally update this Privacy Notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. We encourage you to periodically review our policies to be informed of how we use your information.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at DPO@Ascential.com. Any questions regarding this notice and our privacy practices should be submitted through www.ascential.com/data or by writing to Legal Director, Edge by Ascential Companies, c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, United Kingdom, W1B 5AP.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please submit it through the following website www.ascential.com/data and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the appropriate data protection supervisory authority. The UK Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted via their website. The Irish Data Protection Commissioner can be contacted via their website.
Please see the Definitions section for definitions of terminology used in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal data, including information we collect and store via cookies, as explained below by:
- Edge by Ascential Limited, company number 03994702 (England and Wales) c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, W1B 5AP;
- Edge by Ascential, LLC whose principal place of business is at 46 Farnsworth Street, 1st Floor, Boston, MA 02210;
- Clavis Information Technology (Shanghai) Limited (Clavis China) Room 3301, No. 100 Yu Tong Road, Jing An District, Shanghai, China;
This Privacy Notice may also apply to the processing of personal data by the following entities if you hold a customer agreement with them:
- BrandView Limited, company number 8152861
- Clavis Technology Limited (Clavis), trading as Clavis Insight, company number 449141 (Ireland)
- Clavis Technology LLC (Clavis USA);
- OneClickRetal.com, LLC;
- Planet Retail GmbH; and,
- ePossibilities USA Ltd, company number 8153017.
references in this policy to “we” “us” or “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
All companies are Ascential Plc group companies. Note that if you access the products and services of other Ascential companies, you should refer to their Privacy Notices.
Information we collect
Collection directly from you
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you for example:
- when you contact us (by email, phone, mail or in person);
- when you register to receive insights;
- when you sign up to attend an event relating to a particular area of interest;
- when you become a designated contact and/or an authorised user on one of our platforms; and/or
- when you express an interest in our products and services.
Please note that we may record conversations made with our Sales, Account Management and Customer Service teams.
Automatic collection when you contact us or visit our website (Cookies Policy)
We automatically collect information about you as follows:
When you visit an Edge by Ascential website(s), we may use “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies Edge by Ascential companies use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an Edge by Ascential website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an Edge by Ascential website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements and/or content of the pages of the website; and,
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by the Edge by Ascential websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an Edge by Ascential website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the website(s). Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Information obtained from other sources
We may obtain publicly available professional information about you (as detailed in the Data Processed section below) from third parties or online publications. This information is used in the following ways:
- to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
- to ensure that we have all the information we need to provide or offer you with a product or service; and
- to help us to provide the best service possible, in the most efficient manner.
Why we process your data
This section details the information what we collect, the purpose for its collection and use, and the legal basis for the processing.